- Home improvement site HomeAdvisor found the 10 most popular US states for tiny home living.
- The site zeroed in on the states with the most Instagram posts that were tagged with the #tinyliving hashtag.
- Some of the best US states for tiny living include California, Florida, and Texas.
- The tiny home movement has gained traction in the US in recent years, offering a lifestyle that’s potentially less expensive, more mobile, and more sustainable.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The tiny home movement has captured the hearts of Americans in recent years.
Tiny homes are defined as abodes that are under 400 square feet. The movement has picked up steam, with many opting for the tiny lifestyle to save money or to be able to travel freely. Sustainable energy use and waste systems are also key drivers, though the tiny home life isn’t always as glamorous as it looks.
A 2020 report from home improvement site HomeAdvisor zeroed in on the most popular states for the tiny home life — or at least the states with the most active tiny home Instagrammers. HomeAdvisor scraped Instagram for posts tagged with the #tinyliving hashtag and tagged somewhere in each state, such as in a city or a restaurant. It also considered the amount of activity the posts got through comments and likes. The site didn’t factor in posts that didn’t have a location tag.
Here are the top 10 most popular US states for tiny living, according to HomeAdvisor.