BATAVIA, IL — Several new coronavirus restrictions will be in effect throughout Batavia starting Wednesday.
Illinois officials imposed Tier 1 restrictions Oct. 23 in both regions, including an indoor dining ban on restaurants and bars, as well as a limit on social gatherings.
With the region’s positivity rate still well above 8 percent after two weeks of Tier 1 restrictions, more mitigation efforts are on the way.
The new limits do not apply to students learning in person or fitness centers, according to the IDPH.
Pritzker has said his administration will give priority consideration to businesses in regions facing new restrictions through the state’s $220 million Business Interruption Grants program.
Bars and Restaurants
- Reduce maximum party size from 10 people to 6
Meetings, Social Events and Gatherings
- Maximum indoor/outdoor gathering of 10 individuals
- Not applicable to sports, see sports guidance
- Not applicable to students participating in-person classroom learning
- This does not reduce the overall facility capacity dictated by general business guidance, such as office, retail, etc.
- Applicable to professional, cultural and social group gatherings
Organized Group Recreational Activities
- Limit to lesser of 25 guests or 25 percent of overall room capacity both indoors and outdoors
- Groups limited to 10 individuals or fewer
- Does not apply to fitness centers
These mitigations do not apply to schools.